Pushkin, Vyazemsky, religion

Frans Suasso Franssuasso at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 13 12:25:25 UTC 2008

The quote is from:

П.П. Вяземский, ПСС, Спб 1893, стр. 547

You could look at the different publications on Pushkins  Последний
лирический цикл, e.g. by Sergey Fomichev.

All Pushkins religious texts can be found in
И. Ю, Юрьева, Пушкин и християнство, M. 1999.

Unfortunetaly there were only 500 copies printed.

Very partisan are:

Митрополит Анастасий, Пушкин в его отношении к религии и православной
церкви, Novi Sad 1937

Е.М. Марьянов, Крушение легены, против клеркикальных фальсификаций
творчества А.С. Пушкина.

Good luck.

Frans Suasso

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Chandler" <kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM>
To: <SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:54 AM
Subject: [SEELANGS] Pushkin, Vyazemsky, religion

Dear all,

I have seen this remark of Vyazemsky¹s quoted in English, without a
reference:

OPushkin continually and stubbornly pointed the finger at me for my
insufficient knowledge of sacred writings and earnestly insisted on reading
the books of the Old and New Testaments.²

Can anyone give me a page reference?

I¹d also be grateful if anyone can point me towards anything authoritative
about Pushkin¹s religious beliefs (if any) during his last years.

Vsego dobrogo,

Robert