V Puti workbook

Kagan, Olga okagan at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Thu Aug 21 18:12:37 UTC 2008

To answer Michael Denner's inquiry, the workbook should be in print,
the information he received must be a mistake of some kind.  If you have any problems, please contact Rachel McCoy Sr. Acquisitions Editor, World Languages Division 212-641-6635 NY 201-236-7825 NJ, [rachel.mccoy at pearson.com]

I would also appreciate it if you could let me know in case you're experiencing difficulties getting the textbook or the workbook.

Thank you,
Olga Kagan
okagan at ucla.edu

Olga Kagan, Ph.D.
Director, Center for World Languages and National Heritage Language Resource Center
Coordinator and Undergraduate Advisor, Russian Language Program
326B Humanities
Tel. (310) 825-2947
Fax: (310) 206-5263
E-mail: okagan at humnet.ucla.edu; okagan at ucla.edu

Date:    Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:21:39 -0400
From:    Michael Denner <mdenner at STETSON.EDU>
Subject: workbook for V puti

Dear Colleagues,
Anyone out there know anything about the workbook for ÷ ÐÕÔÉ? My bookstore called to tell me that the workbook is unavailable, and there's no reprint date offered by the publisher (Prentice).

I called the publisher's rep, and he had no clue.

How is it that every few years one of my textbooks suddenly goes out of print? I dropped _Live from Moscow_ after repeated failures on its publisher's part.

I don't get it... is it so hard for publishers to keep track of inventory? I can't but help to feel insulted -- after committing scores of hours to developing a curriculum around a particular textbook, sending them hundreds student-customers... and, right at the start of the year, they cannot provide me with a key element of the material.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
   Dr. Michael A. Denner
   Associate Professor of Russian Studies
   Editor, Tolstoy Studies Journal