TOILET / UNITAZ

ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Aug 26 21:26:34 UTC 2008

I realize I am coming to this after a resolution, but I cannot let
stand the idea that
"washroom" is Canadian while "bathroom" is American.
My 1st language English acquisition dates from Chicago in the 40's,
from parents
both born in Chicago, and "washroom" was the usual term in the apartment.
I think "restroom" would be used if you were asking for its location
in someone else's
home.  Now with a deep bow to the god of euphemism, middle class people may ask
for "the little girls' room" when guesting in a higher status domicile.
Jules Levin