Unitaz - Karandash

augerot bigjim at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Thu Aug 28 21:29:42 UTC 2008

Thank you, Dino49, for your thoroughness. It is a good lesson for the young researcher: one shouldn't jump to conclusions, the article astutely concludes that the elements in карандаш aren't "black" and "stone" but more like "stick" and "graphite-like stone" and the more popular etymology is just that, folk etymology!

--
james e. augerot