Sibilant voicing in American English

Cathy Popkin cp18 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Dec 3 12:58:15 UTC 2008

Oh, dear.
I wish you hadn't started me thinking about this, because now I can't stop.

I've heard 'perzist' for persist.
Also, I went to Wesleyan University, but it turns out I'm an alumna of
Wezleyan.
Oh--and some people I know in Philadelphia say 'zip' for sip.

And now I'd better dezist.
CP

--On Wednesday, December 03, 2008 12:17 AM -0500 "Paul B. Gallagher"