The Story of Vladimir i Aleksej?

Anthony Anemone AnemoneA at NEWSCHOOL.EDU
Wed Dec 3 17:28:12 UTC 2008

I'm hoping someone can help me with the origin of a parable of a lost son
returned to his parents that is referenced as "Vladimir and Aleksej."  It
appears as one of a series of well-know Biblical stories, Adam and Eve,
Rachel and Leah, Abraham and Sara, which leads me to conclude that it comes
from an Orthodox vita that I don't know.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Tony

--
Anthony Anemone
Chair & Associate Provost of Foreign Languages