Political Correctness in Russia/zhid

Robert Orr colkitto at ROGERS.COM
Wed Dec 10 03:49:20 UTC 2008

A couple of points

> (And I am  not familiar with Agatha Christie's story despite the fact that
> until  now I was sure I read all of her works.)

have a look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_Then_There_Were_None

> 2. Creating a non-Western jurisdiction, particularly written in Moscow.
>
> As most people probably have noticed, the US does not like any supra-
> national jurisdictions, which does not mean that they are bad, but  the
> rugged individualist's culture does not tolerate jurisdictions  from
> outside (many can barely tolerate jurisdictions from within).  End of
> story.

I haven't made myself clear.  All I was suggesting is that a variety of
non-Western scholars (living outside US jurisdiction) should have a look at
political correctness in the US and compare it with similar situations in
their own countries.