Political Correctness in Russia/zhid

Valery Belyanin vbelyanin at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 10 13:36:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 10:49 PM, Robert Orr <colkitto at rogers.com> wrote:

> I haven't made myself clear.  All I was suggesting is that a variety of
> non-Western scholars (living outside US jurisdiction) should have a look at
> political correctness in the US and compare it with similar situations in
> their own countries.

I wonder what may be done to such names (nick-names, actually) as
америкос _amerikos_ (instead of американец _amerikanec_ = "citizen of US")
or канадол _kanadol_ (instead of канадец _kanadec_ = "citizen of Canada")
these words are said with real negativism (and despise), but the suffixes
(posttfixes) are rather strange and do not mean anything.
Russian language is very sophisticated in inventing different shades of
meaning.
I mean I have looked into it, and what?
====
Валерий Белянин / Valeri Belianine