Lecturer in Russian: search postponed

Irina Reyfman ir2 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Fri Dec 19 12:18:09 UTC 2008

Alan,

I assumed you did.  John asked me to make this announcement.

Irina

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of a_timberlake at BERKELEY.EDU
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 11:34 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Lecturer in Russian: search postponed

Irina,  I should have mentgiobned it -- I wrote to the people on the short
list telling them they were on our short list but the search was
postposened...  So at least they know.

\ This is to announce that SEARCH FOR THE POSITION DESCRIBED BELOW HAS BEEN
\\ POSTPONED \\ \\ Lecturer in Russian: SEARCH POSTPONED \\ \\ Columbia
University, Department of Slavic Languages, invites applications \\ for a
Lecturer in Discipline in Russian Language, beginning July 1, 2009.
\\ This is a full time position with the possibility of multi-year renewal
\\ dependent on performance. Minimum requirements: (near) native proficiency
\\ in English and Russian; experience teaching Russian to Americans at \\
various levels; degree in Russian or related field. Ability to teach a \\
second Slavic language a plus. Responsibilities include teaching three \\
courses per semester of Russian language/culture. Review of applications \\
will begin immediately in time for interviews at the AAASS Convention in \\
Philadelphia (November 21st). Please visit our website at \\
academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=50880 to submit \\
your application online. In addition to uploading your application, please
\\ send CV, cover letter and arrange to have three letters of recommendation
\\ sent to Search Committee, Department of Slavic Languages, MC 2839, 708 \\
Hamilton Hall, Columbia University, 1130 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY \\
10027. Review of applications will continue until position is filled.
\\
\\
\\ Irina Reyfman
\\ Professor
\\ Director of Graduate Studies
\\ Department of Slavic Languages
\\ Columbia University
\\ Phone (212) 854-5696
\\ Fax (212) 854-5009
\\
\\
\\
\\
\\  Use your web browser to search the archives, control your subscription
\\   options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at:
\\                     http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/
\\