Are Americans Stupid? Was: Another reason to study Russian

Jules Levin ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Feb 4 07:41:43 UTC 2008

At 03:17 PM 2/3/2008, you wrote:
>I found this youtube link entitled "Are American Stupid?"
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3X1K93ff5I that illuminates the depth of
>the ignorance some people have.

1.  How many people were actually queried to get the footage we are
looking at?  Clearly some editing
was done.  If it took 4 hours of interviews to get it, it is less
horrendous than at first look.  And note that the same
characters recur, so how many actual really dumb people were there?
2.  I suspect that in 150 AD more Dacians had heard of Rome than
Romans had heard of Dacia.
3.  In spite of 1 and 2 I am appalled by the ignorance in the American public.

Jules Levin