Pronunciation of 'g' in '-ogo' and 'ego'

William Ryan wfr at SAS.AC.UK
Thu Feb 14 10:36:52 UTC 2008

Thank you Michael - your concise but authoritative statement certainly
satisfies me. Apart from the detail of the process, your preferred
explanation has the great merit of making -ogo>-ovo part of a more
general development and not a 'special case'. I had forgotten 'vospodi',
which can of course be heard often enough in Russia. I hope Ms
Roebuck-Johnson feels she now has enough information on this topic!

Will Ryan