Apologies

Ruder, Cynthia A Cynthia.Ruder at UKY.EDU
Tue Feb 19 14:48:19 UTC 2008

My apologies to the list for sending a personal reply to everyone!  Although I would reiterate what I wrote to Galina.  We understand how hard it is for large programs to nominate only one superb student for the NPSRS Laureate award.  We know that many programs, both large and small, can have a number of excellent students.  Given that this is the case, I plan to confer with the Committee that supervises the Post-Secondary Scholar Laureate program to see if we need to modify the criteria or reconsider any of our guidelines. Since this is only the second year, we are trying to adjust the program as we go along, so I thank you for your patience and your nominations. Keep them, and your queries, coming!

Best, Cindy Ruder
--
Cynthia A. Ruder, Associate Professor
Russian & Eastern Studies/MCL