Cyrillic Fonts for Mac that can be accented

Frank J Miller fjm6 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Feb 23 02:24:35 UTC 2008

I use Linguist's Software TransCyrillic Unicode fonts which I
purchased when Word 2004 began to support Unicode. You can buy one
font - it's well worth the money - install it and the TransCyrillic
QWERTy keyboard; many of the fonts in your MAC (Times New Roman,
Arial, Verdana, Geneva, etc) will come out in Cyrillic when you
toggle CapLock, and when you are in caplock mode you can put in
stresses with option/`, which in this mode only is a dead key.
Linguist's Software also has a program which will let you convert any
Cyrillic II documents into TransCyrillic Unicode.

Frank Miller

>  respond on list!  Anyone who uses a Mac with Russian fonts may need
>this.
>Donna Seifer
>

>On 2/22/08 3:53 PM, "Emily Saunders" <emilka at MAC.COM> wrote:
>
>>  I'm looking for a Macintosh cyrillic font that would allow me to put
>>  in accent marks over vowels.  The cyrillic fonts that came with Word X
>>  do not.  I've found a company that sells such fonts, but before
>>  spending a lot of money ($100-$250 depending upon how many different
>>  font sets I want in the package), I thought it worthwhile to ask if
>>  anyone can recommend other ways of getting accents over the letters
>>  for less.  Please respond off list.
>>
>>  Thanks!
>>
>>  Emily Saunders

Frank J. Miller