Arizona Russian Abroad

Del Phillips dphillip at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Sat Feb 23 15:37:38 UTC 2008

Dear Colleagues!

Arizona Russian Abroad is pleased to announce the availability of several
partial scholarships for this summer's ARA programs in Moscow.
We are looking for some deserving graduate students who would like to have a
wonderful cultural experience in Moscow and at the same time work toward
achieving an official proficiency rating on the Russian Federation Tests of
Russian for Foreigners (TRKI).

It is becoming increasingly necessary for a student to present an official
proficiency rating of at least Certificate Level I (hopefully II)if one wishes
to attend a Russian institution of higher education and take courses along with
Russian students.  Employers in Russia are also very interested in applicants'
official Russian proficiency level. It is a guarantee that the presence of a
TRKI rating of Certificate I or II on the resume will greatly enhance the
qualifications of anyone seeking employment in Russia.  ARA course content
follows a curriculum intended to foster success on the TRKI tests.  Our
institutional partner in Moscow, GRINT, Moscow Humanities University, is an
official testing center where the TRKI tests are offered each semester.

Deadline:  April 1 for the summer (but it is much better not to wait until the
last minute!)

For more information on ARA programs contact:
Professor Del Phillips, Director ARA
dphillip at email.arizona.edu

http://www.azrussianabroad.com