Arizona Russian Abroad

Pendergast, J. Mr DFL John.Pendergast at USMA.EDU
Fri Feb 29 20:19:11 UTC 2008

Del-

Lovely to see you posting on the AATSEEL BB.  I'm back from Kuwait and
retired from the Army.  West Point has re-hired me, so now I'm teaching
again, except at the moment, I'm teaching German.  I really love it.  I
needed to sharpen my skills again, and nothing does it like standing in
front of a bunch of people who expect you to know what you're talking
about!  I still work closely with the Russian office and am very happy
to count Megan Murphy-Lee as a colleague.  We're taking a small group of
Russian students to a Russian competition in April.

Anyway, just a few lines to catch up.  Hope all is well in sunny Tucson.

-John

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Del Phillips
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:38 AM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Arizona Russian Abroad

Dear Colleagues!

Arizona Russian Abroad is pleased to announce the availability of
several partial scholarships for this summer's ARA programs in Moscow.
We are looking for some deserving graduate students who would like to
have a wonderful cultural experience in Moscow and at the same time work
toward achieving an official proficiency rating on the Russian
Federation Tests of Russian for Foreigners (TRKI).

It is becoming increasingly necessary for a student to present an
official proficiency rating of at least Certificate Level I (hopefully
II)if one wishes to attend a Russian institution of higher education and
take courses along with Russian students.  Employers in Russia are also
very interested in applicants'
official Russian proficiency level. It is a guarantee that the presence
of a TRKI rating of Certificate I or II on the resume will greatly
enhance the qualifications of anyone seeking employment in Russia.  ARA
course content follows a curriculum intended to foster success on the
TRKI tests.  Our institutional partner in Moscow, GRINT, Moscow
Humanities University, is an official testing center where the TRKI
tests are offered each semester.

Deadline:  April 1 for the summer (but it is much better not to wait
until the last minute!)

For more information on ARA programs contact:
Professor Del Phillips, Director ARA
dphillip at email.arizona.edu

http://www.azrussianabroad.com