Another font question

Kjetil Rå Hauge k.r.hauge at ILOS.UIO.NO
Sun Feb 24 13:48:37 UTC 2008

Christina Kramer wrote:
> If there is anyone who knows how to contact Apple to have the Macedonian
> font fixed, I would be grateful. The Macedonian unicode z has been
> incorrectly programmed as Russian э .

The problem is not with the Apple font(s), but with the Macedonian
keyboard layout, which has e oborotnoe in the place of Cyrillic z. There
seems to be a problem with login at the Apple Bug Reporter at the
moment, so I had to limit myself to reporting the login problem at this
stage.

Possible workarounds, all of them rather inconvenient:
  - switch to another Cyrillic keyboard layout, for instance Bulgarian
phonetic, for wrting z
  - type e oborotnye for all your z-es and do a search and replace
afterwards
  - make your own keyboard layout using the program Ukelele (not a
misprint for ukulele) from sil.org.

--
--- Kjetil Rå Hauge, U. of Oslo
--- tel. +47/22856710, fax +1/5084372444