CYRILLIC FONT PROBLEM

STEPHEN PEARL sbpearl1 at VERIZON.NET
Mon Feb 25 13:21:07 UTC 2008

Dear SEELANGERS,
   I would be grateful for any help or advice about the following
 Cyrillic font problem.
   I use Microsoft Windows XP, Version 2002, and work on Verizon
 (Yahoo) and Gmail for e-mail.
  Until recently I was able to write e-mails in Cyrillic[Russian] on
 both Verizon and Gmail by switching from EN to RU on my "language bar".
 Suddenly and unaccountably, my attempts to write in Cyrillic [Russian]
 were rewarded instead by the appearance on the screen of  a series of
 numbers, Roman letters and punctuation marks.
  For example, I am now switching to "RU" from "EN" and am typing
  QWERTY which would normally yield the Cyrillic letters corresponding to
 QWERTY on the keyboard; instead I now get : 9FC:5=. ;
  I do not have the same problem with the other language fonts on my
 "language bar".
  Can anyone offer a diagnosis and cure for this malady?  Thank you,
  Stephen Pearl