Looking for a semester/summer Russian study abroad partner

valentina apresjan valentina.apresjan at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 9 12:54:25 UTC 2008

Dear Nicole,

forgive me for taking the liberty to answer your letters, as our program IS
BASED in Moscow, I still think it was worth it to react to your message. We
run a small flexible program at the Russian Language Institute, which is
different from other programs in that it offers not only language courses,
but also individual seminars with prominent scholars (in English or Russian)
on the topic of students' choice, internships (volunteer or paid work at
various Russia-based institutions or companies that allows integration), a
variety of tours, both cultural and historical (led by art historians and
other professionals, not guides) as well as social which allow students to
see the REAL Russia (such a visit to an orphanage etc.). We also have an
optional folklore trip led by the leading folklore and anthropology
professor from the Russian State University of Humanities, which gives the
students a chance to get acquainted with the Russian countryside and the
still surviving and very plentiful folklore and customs. In short, we run a
very diverse and flexible program, and would like to welcome your students.
Please see our site for more info and write if you have any questions:
http://russianinmoscow.ruslang.ru/

Sincerely,

Valentina