Human cloning

Kevin Reese kreese at EMAIL.UNC.EDU
Thu Jun 12 20:59:26 UTC 2008

Vladimir Savchenko's science fiction novel "Otkrytie sebia" (1967) was
translated as "Self-discovery" by McMillan in 1979 as part of their
McMillan's best of Soviet Science fiction series.  Antonina Bouis was
the translator.

The novel is about a cyberneticist who invents a computer that is
capable of producing copies of humans, which leads to many interesting
moral conundrums.  It is considered one of the key scifi works of the
post-war period.

Kevin Reese