Registration in St. Peterburgh

Anna Reid annareid01 at BTINTERNET.COM
Fri Jun 27 10:26:49 UTC 2008

Try www.oksanas.net - tel 007 812 970 6802. It's a very good flat rental agency, and they will deal with letters of invitation and registration too, all at very reasonable prices, especially off-season. Best of luck! - Anna Reid.

Valery Belyanin <vbelyanin at GMAIL.COM> wrote:  Dear SEELANGERs
This year I am taking again my students to Moscow. And I want to go to St.
Petersburgh for 4 (four) days (the same like last year). But I was told by
the dorm we stayed last year that we need registration (because it is not
three days but four) and they have no access to the system of registration
that is why they can not accept us.
I have a couple of questions for those who have encountered such situations
in the past or are aware of the new regulations.
1. Who can register a foreigner other that a hotel (do you know of some
agency?). Will the hotel be able to accept the foreigners with a
registration that was done by an agency? (they do not answer my emails and I
can not reach them by phone so far).
2. What are the consequences of being NOT registered for another 24 hours?
What are the fines, penalties, possibilities of being put to jail or
evicted, or whatever. What are the chances that a militia man approaches a
foreigner in the street and checks their documents? (I have never seen this
in the beautiful city on Neva but who knows). Will they be asked to show a
ticket for the train?
3. Please share with me any ideas in general about the situation.
- when answering to the list please do not change the subject line.
- all answers offlist are appreciated as well.
Thank you in advance.

Valery Belyanin
Resident Director or Moscow program of the SLI of the University of
Pittsburgh, 2008

options, and more. Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at: