Czech courses in the Czech Republic?

Michael Trittipo tritt002 at TC.UMN.EDU
Fri Mar 7 16:46:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 08:29:12 -0600
Nathan Vaillette <vailletn at DICKINSON.EDU> wrote:
> I'm looking for information on Czech language instruction in the Czech
> Republic during the summer of 2008.  I have ... found information
> on summer schools in Prague and Olomouc associated with the universities:
>
> http://lsss.ff.cuni.cz/english/index.php
> http://lsss.upol.cz/en/index-en.html
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows of other offerings ...

Yes. Besides the programs in Prague and Olomouc, there's one in Brno with a good reputation, and others elsewhere. Link for Brno here:

http://www.phil.muni.cz/kabcest/cs/letni-skola-slovanskych-studii.php

A search on

"letní škola slovanských studií" site:.cz

just like that (with the quotation marks and including the site delimiter) will find the others, such as the one in České Budějovice, and their application forms, prices, and so forth.

If you _don't_ want to limit the time frame to special summer classes, you can find other programs with a search on

"češtiny pro cizince"  univerzita katedra

to find entries such as "kabinet|kursy|výuka češtiny" and so on, while also taking out a lot of chaff from non-school pages.

Good luck.

Michael Trittipo
Minneapolis, Minnesota