Nevskij's cantata

Sergey Karpukhin sak5w at VIRGINIA.EDU
Sat Mar 8 18:00:54 UTC 2008

Dear Giampaolo (if I may),

Please see: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Latin-2145/Medieval-Latin.htm.

Best,
SK
----- Original Message -----
From: "Giampaolo Gandolfo" <gianpaolo.gandolfo at FASTWEBNET.IT>
To: <SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 10:40 AM
Subject: [SEELANGS] Nevskij's cantata

    In Aleksandr Nevskij's cantata (Prokof'ev) the invading crusaders sing a
song in Latin, where two lines don't make sense to me:

    Peregrinus expectavi
    pedes meos in cimbalis
    Vincant arma crucifera!
    Hostis pereat!

What is the meaning of the first two lines? They dont make any sense to me,
neither grammatically nor logically; and how do they relate to the first
two?
    Any idea? Thank you.
            Giampaolo Gandolfo

--
Io utilizzo la versione gratuita di SPAMfighter per utenti privati. Sino ad
ora