real English?

Wayles Browne ewb2 at CORNELL.EDU
Fri Mar 14 16:09:47 UTC 2008

David said 188 hits, but my Google search found only 6, of which 4
are in fact the same instance (from Proz, a site devoted to
discussing translations). The instance represented by the 4 hits was
written by an English speaker who has lived, studied, and worked in
Germany for a long time. I'd say that the expression is not just
rare, but so rare that we shouldn't advise anyone to use it.

--

Wayles Browne, Assoc. Prof. of Linguistics
Department of Linguistics

tel. 607-255-0712 (o), 607-273-3009 (h)
fax 607-255-2044 (write FOR W. BROWNE)
e-mail ewb2 at cornell.edu