> Re: [SEELANGS] > [SEELANGS] Russian expression

Patricia Chaput chaput at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Sun Mar 16 15:32:25 UTC 2008

Perhaps a trivial addition:  as to svernutaya kasha, I think we
would say congealed (coagulated), so that it is so sticky
(gluteny) that it can be hard to eat without a lot of liquid to
stir into it and stirring to break it  down into smaller lumps.
So while it can be eaten, it  is hard to get down.  I  think the
cold kasha is being described as inedible (for anyone with a
choice).

Pat Chaput
Slavic Dept.
Harvard U.