Using Russian Synonyms vs. Using Russian: A Guide...

Dustin Hosseini iamlearningenglish at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 31 00:26:40 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I'd like to purchase at least one of these books; I might even consider
buying them both.

I've read a little about the "Using Russian: A Guide to Contemporary Usage"
and it looks like a good read and reference.  Amazon.com even had a preview
of some parts of the book.  I'm very interested in the part about register
and Russian used in various settings (from a chat room to a courtroom).

But what about "Using Russian Synonyms"?  Would some of you who have used
this book please be so kind as to give some commentary about its advantages
and disadvantages?  I could not find an online preview of this book
anywhere.  If possible, an example or two of what the book offers would be
appreciated as well.

Best regards,

Dustin H.