Svetolyubivy

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Sun May 25 07:29:46 UTC 2008

Dear Gasan and all,

Thanks very much for your help.  I had a feeling that there was something
about Grossman's use of this word that I did not quite understand!

I'll end the list as follows: 'liberal factory owners, light-seeking men of
the church, crazy anarchists.'

And I'll add a note.

Best Wishes,

Robert

> Dear Robert,

very briefly: it is probably better not to  loose the word
> "light" here, for
there is a name of a book behind this  "светолюбивый" and
> the author, former
Marxist, who"came back" to the Orthodoxy. Сергей Булгаков.
> Свет невечерний,
published 1917. Grossman's readers were surely aware of all
> these new people
of the church who were looking for the light of
> Thabor.

gg

--
Гасан Гусейнов