New Jersey Commission on Holocaust Education

Vadim Besprozvany vbesproz at UMICH.EDU
Sun Oct 5 21:40:46 UTC 2008

Dear Robert and SEELANGERS,

On Yekaterina (or Ekaterina) Olitskaia - <aia> - that is a more usual
spelling for library recourses, besides the Russina language edition,
there is a translation of her memoirs in French (Le sablier: mémoires/
Olickaja, Ekaterina L'. [Paris] Deux Temps Tierce, 1991) and a paper
<?>: The diary of Ekaterina Olitskaia /Pospielovsky, Dimitry,
Olitskaia, Ekaterina. New York: Radio Liberty Committee, 1970 [Radio
Liberty research paper, no. 39, 1970. Both sources (which I didn't
have a chance to read) are available though the American Library system.
As to other possibilities (will require more time and efforts) -
Russian literary magazines of the time of the Thaw - Novy Mir first of
all - are invaluable sources of such publications. Finally, if I would
need a help from an expert I would contact Gabriel Superfin who lives
in Germany now; to my knowledge (actually not only to mine) he is one
of the best connoisseirs of the problem discussed.

Regards,

Vadim