Help!

Liv Bliss bliss at WMONLINE.COM
Sat Oct 25 17:43:57 UTC 2008

Lise Brody wrote: Can anyone give me any words of wisdom for navigating the
on-line world?  What agencies are legit?  Should I get myself certified and,
if so,
with whom?  And where does one find serious literary work if one is not
hooked into the academic world?

Hi, Lise. I can heartily endorse Paul's recommendation of the ATA's Slavic
Languages Division, whose newsletter (the SlavFile) is available online to
all comers, member or not. Go to www.ata-divisions.org/SLD/slavfile.htm

The SLD's focus is not specifically literary, of course. For that, you might
want to look at the ATA's Literary Division (www.ata-divisions.org/LD/)
and/or the American Literary Translators Association
(www.utdallas.edu/alta/). This year's ALTA
bash was mid-month, but there's always next year...

Best to all
Liv

Liv Bliss
ATA-Certified Russian to English Translator
tel.: (928) 367 1615
fax: (928) 367 1950
email: bliss @ wmonline.com

for you are crunchy and good with ketchup -- Anon.