Translation question

Wilkinson, C cxwilkinson at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 4 15:03:48 UTC 2008

Thanks for the suggestions.
Cf. Alexandra Smith's suggestion of "To hell with the President", that was
my first thought but I rejected it on the grounds that it sounded more like
calling for him to leave government, rather than just expressing
dissatisfaction with him (an important distinction in this case).

Francoise's suggestion sounded closer to the mark and certainly put me on
track to think of

"President slated, Prime Minister idolised"

One could equally use "President slammed" I suspect.

Thanks for the etymological details of "na mylo" as well - much
appreciated.

Best wishes, Claire