Russian language podcasts

Lisa Gulya lisa.gulya at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 11 13:50:37 UTC 2008

Hello all,
   Can anyone suggest good Russian language podcasts? I'm living in
Russia for the year (Velikiy Novgorod), so I've got plenty of
opportunity for face-to-face language practice. However, it would be
nice to have additional listening practice during the countless hours
I'll no doubt spend on public transport, where I'll be cheek-to-cheek
with Russian speakers, but no one will say a word.:) I already listen
to Echo Moscow and Radio Svoboda. If those are the best options for
news, current events, and culture discussion, perhaps you all could
suggest which programs on those channels you most enjoy?

Best,
Lisa Gulya
(Velikiy Novgorod)