Russian language podcasts

condee condee2 at VERIZON.NET
Thu Sep 11 14:16:44 UTC 2008

David MacFadyen has done a great deal of valuable work with Russian podcasts
of all kinds.  Though his field in this regard is mostly music--as far as I
understand--I have no doubt he knows other sources as well.  Perhaps we
could get him to chime in here...  Best, Nancy

Prof. N. Condee
Dept. of Slavic Languages and Literatures
1417 CL
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
412-624-5906

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lisa Gulya
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:51 AM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Russian language podcasts

Hello all,
   Can anyone suggest good Russian language podcasts? I'm living in Russia
for the year (Velikiy Novgorod), so I've got plenty of opportunity for
face-to-face language practice. However, it would be nice to have additional
listening practice during the countless hours I'll no doubt spend on public
transport, where I'll be cheek-to-cheek with Russian speakers, but no one
will say a word.:) I already listen to Echo Moscow and Radio Svoboda. If
those are the best options for news, current events, and culture discussion,
perhaps you all could suggest which programs on those channels you most
enjoy?

Best,
Lisa Gulya
(Velikiy Novgorod)