Grossman question

Polina Morozova pmorozova at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 18:29:53 UTC 2009

One more thing to say about the German term "Blockleiter": since "Blockleiter" was an official rank in the NSDAP, it looks like only members of NSDAP (Germans) could be it.

As it is mentioned in Nuremberg Trial Proceedings Volume 4: "These charts and the evidence to follow show that the Leadership Corps constituted the sum total of the officials of the Nazi Party. It included the Fuehrer at the top; the Reichsleiter, on the horizontal line; the Reich officeholders, immediately below-the five categories of leaders who were area commanders, called the "Hoheitstrager" or "bearers of sovereignty." They are in the redlettered or red-lined boxes at the bottom. They range all the way from the 40-odd Gauleiter in charge of large districts, down through the intermediate political leaders, the Kreisleiter, the Ortsgruppenleiter, the Zellenleiter, and finally, to the Blockleiter who were charged with looking after 40 to 60 households and what may be best described as staff officers attached to each of the five levels of the Hoheitstrager.

Organized upon a hierarchical basis, forming a pyramidal structure-as appears from the chart which Your Honors hold in your hands-the principal political leaders on a scale of descending authority were:

The Fuehrer, at the top; the Reichsleiter, as I have mentioned, and the main office and officeholders; the Gauleiter, who was the district leader, with his staff officers; the Kreisleiter, who was the county leader, and his staff officers; the Ortsgruppenleiter, the local chapter leader, and his staff officers; the Zellenleiter, who was the cell leader, and his staff officers; and then, finally, the Blockleiter, with his staff officers."

****
Polina Morozova-Diab, Ph.D.
10451 Dolecetto drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670