visa processing at Russian Consulate in DC

Renee Stillings renee at ALINGA.COM
Fri Apr 10 18:42:48 UTC 2009

Hello SEELANGERs,

I just received notice from our visa processing agent in DC that the Russian
Consulate has adjusted their fees/policies. Important to note for any of you
processing student visas especially and subject to the delays on the
invitation end of things is that they are not doing "rush" processing
(faster than 3 days, that is) anymore. There may be some chance that by
showing plane tickets, etc. they could agree to it, but it would be a
case-by-case basis and not something to count on. Keep that in mind along
with the 5-day hold period on student visas.

Also, fees as pertain to business (including student) and tourist visas:

6-day processing - $131 (this has not changed)
3-day processing - $250!!!

I don't know yet whether this applies to any of the other consulates in the
US.

Regards,
Renee