A poem of Apollon N. Maikov

Richard Benert benovich at IMT.NET
Mon Apr 20 18:33:09 UTC 2009

The entry for 14 March, 1865, in Aleksandr Nikitenko's Diary of a Russian
Censor states that "Maikov came to see me and read the poem he had composed
for the dinner in Lomonosov's honor.  It is well written, but has strong
anti-German overtones."

I am currently interested in late Imperial Russian attitudes towards Germans
and would like to know where it might be possible to find this poem.  My
initial problem is that (difficult to admit on this listserve) I don't read
Russian.  I've looked at two online editions of Maikov's collected works
(1884 and 1904).  Only one short poem composed in 1865 showed up, and I
don't THINK this is it.  Lomonosov isn't mentioned by name, at any rate.

Can anyone tell me, first, whether this poem was ever published and, if so,
its title and where it can be found?

Many thanks,
Richard Benert
Bozeman, Montana