Ohio University position description with minor correction

evans-ro at OHIO.EDU evans-ro at OHIO.EDU
Fri Apr 24 21:20:57 UTC 2009

Dear Seelangs colleagues,

I am posting a very slightly corrected job description for the Ohio University
position I posted yesterday. I had inadvertently posted a draft. The description
below is the same in substance as the one posted yesterday, but reads, I hope, a
little more clearly.

With apologies and best wishes,

Karen Evans-Romaine
Associate Professor of Russian

Visiting Instructor or Visiting Assistant Professor of Russian

The Department of Modern Languages at Ohio University invites applications
for a one-year position with the possibility of renewal for a maximum of
three years. A.B.D required, Ph.D. preferred. Applicants must possess
native or near-native fluency in English and Russian, a broad background in
Russian literature and culture, and a record of excellence in undergraduate
teaching. Willingness to play an active role in extra-curricular activities
is a must. We also seek an individual who is committed to working
effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds. The
teaching load will be three courses per quarter (nine per academic year),
mostly in the first and second-year language series, but also possibly
including 19th- and 20th-century Russian literature in translation courses.
Competitive salary and full benefits package. Please send a letter of
application, curriculum vitae, three recent letters of recommendation, and
evidence of excellence in teaching to: Dr. Karen Evans-Romaine, Russian
Search Committee Chair, Department of Modern Languages, 283 Gordy Hall,
Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701-2979. Please use this link to view
posting details and apply online:
www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=55330

Review of applications will begin May 1, 2009 and continue until the position is
filled.