Consultation about e-brigades and virtual squads

Maria Dmytriyeva xmas at UA.FM
Mon Apr 27 05:35:41 UTC 2009

Dear Paul,
thank you for your comment. you are absolutely right, I should have placed it in quotation marks and spelled in Russian. I thought about it but didn't.
the activity istelf is trolling, no doubts. I just haven't seen any materials on them in English before so I am not aware of the term that might be used to denote a group of trolls that most probably are low-rank (KGB) FSB agents.

> > they are usually called brigades. ...
>
> Please note that "бригада" is a false friend for English speakers -- it
> often doesn't denote the very large military formation we have in mind
> when we hear "brigade." Rather, it often denotes what we would call a
> "team," "crew," "squad," etc. -- up to a couple of dozen people, and not
> necessarily military.
[...]
> <http://www.aferizm.ru/jargon/slovar.htm>

With best regards,