labs and technology

Richard Robin rrobin at GWU.EDU
Tue Dec 8 23:38:01 UTC 2009

The Language Center at GW provides the usual tech services (e.g. classroom
materials digitized on a central server, smart FL laguage ready classrooms
with FL fonts for non-Roman installed, special programs like players that
handle SRT captions, etc., etc.), but the main service is the providing of
language tutoring as well as language teacher mentoring.

-RR

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Alina Israeli <aisrael at american.edu> wrote:

> Dear SEELANGers,
>
> This is a question to those who teach language at a college or university.
> Do you have a lab or a language center (whatever is its name)? What purpose
> does it serve? How do you use it? Most specifically, I am interested in what
> can be done in such a center technology-wise that I cannot do on my computer
> at home (or in class)? How has the center changed in the 21st century?
>
> Many thanks for your replies.
>
> Alina Israeli
> Associate Professor of Russian
> LFS, American University