A tip for Outlook users

Kjetil Rå Hauge k.r.hauge at ILOS.UIO.NO
Sun Dec 20 01:09:18 UTC 2009

Boudovskaia, Elena wrote:
> It's a Webmail, and it uses a version of Outlook. But you are right, Mozilla has nothing to do with it: under IE, there are no _international options_ under _options_either. I guess I cannot influence the encoding then?

I'm not an expert at decoding e-mail paths, but it seems to me that you
are using a webmail service (IronPort C650) at the U. of Alabama through
a computer located at UCLA. I believe that when you use a webmail
service, preferences for encoding are set in the webmail interface and
whether the browser you use for accessing the web-based interface is IE,
Firefox or Safari has little to do with it. Your local IT support staff
should be able to tell you how to use Mozilla's highly configurable
Thunderbird as a mail client.

--
--- Kjetil Rå Hauge, U. of Oslo
--- tel. +47/22856710, fax +1/5084372444