panel on crime and culture at AAASS 2010

Julia Chadaga julia at SINGINGBEE.COM
Sun Dec 27 13:14:06 UTC 2009

Dear colleagues,

I am putting together a panel for AAASS 2010 on crime, creativity, and
cultural production. If you are interested in topics such as transgression
and its artistic representation, the ethics of producing or consuming
violent images as entertainment, the criminalization of art itself, or
perhaps the idea of crime as art, I would be eager to hear from you. Diverse
disciplinary perspectives are welcome. If you would like to participate in
this panel, please reply to me off-list at chadaga at macalester.edu.

Thanks and happy holidays!

Julia Bekman Chadaga
Russian Studies