Rusglish

Chernetsky, Vitaly A. Dr. chernev at MUOHIO.EDU
Sun Dec 27 22:00:24 UTC 2009

Dear All,

The Cyrillic-spelled coinage "руглиш" ('ruglish'), to my knowledge, has been in use for a while now (I've heard it used for several years by native speakers of Russian in Russia and Ukraine). A Google search for it produces nearly 2000 hits; "русглиш" ('rusglish') also occurs, but less frequently (I do not recall hearing it spoken in Russian, and it produces less than 1000 hits in Google).

Best,
Vitaly Chernetsky