Changes to Student Visa requirements

Goldberg, Stuart H stuart.goldberg at MODLANGS.GATECH.EDU
Thu Feb 5 02:37:32 UTC 2009

What website is this from?

The New York consulate's official site -- at least the one I got to from the official embassy site (http://www.russianembassy.org/ --> http://www.ruscon.org/main_ENG.html) gives a much simpler procedure, and still allows for applications by post (http://www.ruscon.org/visa_dep_ENG.html).  The embassy does indeed say that they will no longer accept applications by post.  I couldn't find any specifications on student visas on the embassy website.

Best,
Stuart Goldberg

Student Visa

To apply for a student visa, an applicant should submit to the Consulate a completed visa application form, national passport, two standard passport pictures, Money Order (see page 1 points 1-4 of General Information), as well as:

   1.

      Original letter of Invitation from the Ministry of Internal Affairs or its Regional Office.

If you apply for a student visa, you should submit original HIV blood test (AIDS) Certificate. This certificate is valid for 3 month only.

If you submit the documents for the student visa, please be aware that the national passport has to be valid for no less than one and a half-year.

All documents should be submitted not less than 6 business days prior to the entry to the Russian Federation.