Prerevolutionary Urban Images?

Edythe Haber Edythe.Haber at UMB.EDU
Fri Feb 6 03:55:11 UTC 2009

Dear David,

A book with wonderful photographs of both the splendid and shabby St.
Petersburg is M.A. Grigor'ev, "Peterburg 1910-kh godov.  Progulki v
proshloe" (SPb:  Rossiiskii institut istorii iskusstv, 2005).  I think I
ordered it through the Natasha Kozmenko online bookstore.  Perhaps they
can still get it for you.

Best,
Edythe Haber

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of David J. Galloway
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 4:01 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] Prerevolutionary Urban Images?

Dear Seelangers,

Does anyone know of a site (preferred) or publication where one can find
photographs of pre-rev shopfronts and streets in St. Petersburg?  I'm
searching for illustrations of urban 'byt.'

I've found several small sites through various search engines, but
nothing that's quite what I'm looking for.  FYI, these are for artistic
inspiration, not publication or dissemination.  Any suggestions
(off-list, please) would be most appreciated

Thanks,
DJG

David J. Galloway
Assistant Professor