Colgate University three-year position

Ian Helfant ihelfant at MAIL.COLGATE.EDU
Fri Feb 13 14:27:12 UTC 2009

Visiting Assistant Professor of Russian

The Department of Russian at Colgate University in Hamilton, NY, seeks a
Visiting Assistant Professor of Russian for a three-year replacement
position, annually renewable, beginning in July 2009.  The candidate is
expected to have or soon receive a PhD in Russian language and literature.
Our preferred field of specialization is 19th century literature and
cultural studies, although we will consider candidates with other or
interdisciplinary expertise.  We place paramount importance upon proven
facility in teaching Russian language at all levels. The successful
candidate will join a strong interdisciplinary Russian Studies program with
colleagues in literature, anthropology, geography, history, film and media
studies, and political science.  Teaching duties will include five courses
yearly ranging from beginning through advanced Russian, to 19th century
literature, to the departmental senior seminar.  Fluency in Russian and
English is a given, along with a dynamic teaching presence and a strong
commitment to scholarship.  Please send a letter of application and C.V.,
and arrange to have three letters of recommendation sent to Ian Helfant,
Chair, Search Committee, Department of Russian, Colgate University, 13 Oak
Drive, Hamilton, NY 13346.  Review of applications will begin March 6, 2009.
 Colgate University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty, student body, and staff further
the University's educational mission.