FW: [SEELANGS] contemporary Russian fiction

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Thu Jan 8 06:48:56 UTC 2009

Dear all,

I'd like to add Yuri Buida.  He is well translated by Oliver Ready, and some
of the stories in Prusskie Nevesti are very fine indeed. I included one
story in the anthology I did for Penguin Classics, 'Russian Short Stories
from Pushkin to Buida'.

I admire him for being able to write with real emotional depth, while
incorporating all the devices of post-modernism.

Best  Wishes,

Robert