Fiction suggestions

Paul Richardson paulr at RUSSIANLIFE.NET
Fri Jan 9 11:03:36 UTC 2009

Yelena (and others):

May I humbly recommend our quarterly journal, Chtenia, which I believe
is the only regularly published journal of Russian fiction in English
translation. Each issue features 10-12 fresh translations of Russian
fiction and non-fiction, all centered around a chosen theme. The
majority of the selections are fiction and are a good mix of
contemporary and classic writers. So we have Slavnikova alongside
Gogol, Sorokin alongside Tolstoy... A good way for students to get a
taste of a wide swath of literature and then follow up on someone they
discover there.

To see past tables of contents or to subscribe or order back issues,
go to:

http://www.chtenia.com

Thanks,

Paul Richardson