best translation of Poor Folk?

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at SWARTHMORE.EDU
Thu Jan 15 20:55:34 UTC 2009

Dear SEELANzhane,

A question for those who've taught Dostoevsky in translation more
recently than I have: has the current trend in new translations produced
any new translations of POOR FOLK? Any consensus on what's the best
translation available (preferably in print: the person who asked me
wants to buy a copy)? Any new versions in progress but not yet in print?

Please reply OFF LIST to <sforres1 at swarthmore.edu>; I'll summarize
replies to the list.

With best regards,

Sibelan

Sibelan Forrester
Russian/Modern Languages and Literatures
Swarthmore College