Pozor Rossii

Maria Dmytriyeva xmas at UA.FM
Tue Jan 20 07:52:44 UTC 2009

To Mr Valerii Shelenko:

I really would not engage into this dick-waving contest whose government is more inadequate.
because -- at the end of the day -- I can always say that the government of my country never waged war against its own citizens, never envaded its neighbours'  territory, never blackmailed other governments and is no more killing journalists, opposition leaders and activists.
I think for a post-Soviet country it is already a big achievement. don't you think?

as to allies.
well, they did kill a lot of other's citizens. _after_ they were allies.
besides, the USSR was killing millions of its own citizens. I have much more problems with that.

Ukrainians and Belorussians were people who inhabit the territories between Russia and Poland / Czech / Slovakia / Romania.
Soviets was a political power. _armed_ political power. obviously some of its soldiers were Ukrainians and Belorussians. that's the problem with stateless nations -- whoever's got more guns can take over you and take away you grain, soil, wood, gas, girls to work in their factories and boys to fight in their armies. (and I didn't mention museums and archives. what is another painful issue)

so for Ukrainians in, say, Western Ukraine it was no great difference between Nazis and Soviets. both were worth.
in Eastern Ukraine this was settled much earlier -- with the climax in the form of the Great Famine. when all attempts of resistance were heavily supressed.

so I see your point. I just don't understand whom you intended to impress (let alone) convince with it.

With best regards,
Maria

> To Ms Maria Dmytriyeva:

> Georgia has already experienced it. Ukraine may be the next.
>
> Oh, really? What is the difference, then between the no less 'madmen'
> Mr Saakashvili+co and the scorned Russians?
> Do you belive that the hoplessly corrupted oligarchical politicians
> like Timoshenko (the notorious "Gas Princess") or Yuschenko/Baloga or
> former Ukrainian Prime-Minister the former convict Yanukovich  are
> *not* madmen at all and *only* Medvedev (PhD in Law of SPB University,
> Sobchak's favourite disciple) is this scorned 'madman'?

> Ever heard (as at least, as a decent 'Slavist') that political allies
> were killing millions of their own - of each one of them? very
> peculiar type of allies then! Never heard of that type of allies. Must
> be the first case in human history!

> Please tell, who were those "Soviets"? Were they some kind of aliens
> who came from Mars? Would you care to explain and strictly
> differentiate between the "Soviets" and the (blessed and innocent)
> "Ukrainians"/ "Belorussians"? What is the empirical real-life
> difference between "Soviets" and the "Belorussians" or "Ukrainians"?
>
> With all due respect,
> Valerii Shelenko

Windows server 2008 от www.hostpro.ua
2 месяца бесплатно + домен в подарок