Well, I HAVE LEARNED WELL!

trubikhina at AOL.COM trubikhina at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 22 16:12:06 UTC 2009

 You have unintentionally (I assume) misquoted, Zhenya.? Yeates means this as an indication of all that is wrong with our (his) times:)
In other words, it is not laudable to lack convictions.?
Ditto, I think this discussion is leading you guys nowhere.

All best,

Julia

-----Original Message-----
From: Slivkin, Yevgeniy A. <slivkin at OU.EDU>
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Sent: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:19 am
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Well, I HAVE LEARNED WELL!

Dear Anyse,

I just wanted to say that I support your view entirely. To rephrase
Bernard-Henri Levy, I am not pro-Russian, I am anti- anti-Russian. Vigorously
pro-Russians and anti-Russians are  the same type of people, it is no use
talking to them. Actually, William Butler Yeats formulated the situation in one
great line, "The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of
passionate intensity."

Regards ,

Yevgeny Slivkin, Ph.D.
Department of Modern Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
University of Oklahoma