Razbushevat'sia

Ben Rifkin brifkin at TEMPLE.EDU
Sun Jan 25 03:59:29 UTC 2009

Dear SEELANGers:

What I meant by my reference to Turgenev would have best been accomplished
by a wink and a nudge in connection with what for me was a totally new use
of a verb.  I¹d never seen this verb used before in a context in which there
was a reference to the former president of the US and I thought it was a
very clever pun on the part of the article¹s author.  This is what made me
think of Turgenev.

Best regards to all,

BR