Anekdot query

Maryna Vinarska vinarska at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 26 11:52:58 UTC 2009

I have also never  heard Russians be stereotyped as philosophers in the Western world, normally quite different cliches are being promoted, but I did hear once the following statement on Russian TV: U russkikh gorizontnoe myshlenie. The statement was supposed to mean the following: Russians are never satisfied with what they have (so true…) but always curious about what is behind the horizon (za gorizontom). This lack of practicality is true and in a way does prove the inclination to philosophize.

Regards,
Maryna Vinarska